hosted by the College of Charleston and National Association of Holmes Scholars Alumni and held in Charleston, South Carolina at the College of Charleston Beatty Center (5 Liberty Street).
Building Partnerships to Support Youth of Promise
Many children have been labeled as “at-risk” of academic failure. With such a label, emphasis has been on the possibility of failure, not on the promise these children possess. The goal of this conference is multifaceted, highlighting:
- Research-based pedagogy that helps children reach their academic potential,
- Teachers, K-12 schools, school districts, and/or institutions of higher learning and partnerships that have demonstrated a successful track record with underrepresented groups,
- Policies that support youth of promise and help meet the needs of all children,
- Civil rights for children, and
- The need for a diverse faculty at K-16 institutions.
- Civil Rights for Children
- Engaging Minds
- Policies to Support Youth of Promise
Pedagogy will be woven throughout the sessions.
In addition we will offer:
- Conference Sessions
- Community Celebration